Messages are a way to connect, share inspiration, and learn from others in the VSCO community.
For more general information on Messages, please see our Messages FAQ.
Accessing the Messages Section (iOS):
- Tap on the Profile icon (😊 ) .
- Tap on the new Global Menu (top-left corner).
- Tap on Messages.
Message Safety Control-
When a message is received, you have the following options for the message:
- Block - This will block the person from following, messaging, or interacting with your account. Reporting options will appear once you block a sender.
- Ignore a message - If you “ignore a message,” it will be removed from your inbox.
- Accept - This will allow you to interact with the messenger.
Ignore a Message-
Message Receiving Control-
You have the choice to only receive messages from people you follow.
- Tap the Global Menu icon (top-left corner).
- Tap Settings.
- Under Preferences, tap toggle on/off “Only allow messages from people I follow” (iOS), tap on/off “Only allow messages from people I follow” (Android).
Forward Content from VSCO Profiles to Another User:
- Tap on the content (image, DSCO, Journal, or Profile) to enter the Detail view.
- Tap on the Messages icon to forward the content to another user who follows you.
Messages for Android
You will receive a notification on your VSCO Profile when someone has sent you a message.
You can find all of your messages in the Notifications center located in the top right corner of your VSCO Profile.
Leaving a message thread
If you’d like to stop the conversation in a message, you can leave it at any time.
To leave a message thread, you can swipe left on the message and tap on Leave. You can also tap on the message to see the message thread, tap on the Options icon in the upper right corner and tap on Leave.
This will temporarily hide the conversation from your Messages until that conversation is re-initiated by the sender.
If the conversation is re-initiated the entire message conversation will reappear in your Messages in the Notification center.
Muting a message thread
If you'd like to stop receiving push notifications for a message thread, you can mute the conversation.
To mute a message thread, you can swipe left on the message and tap on Mute. You can also tap on the message to see the message thread, tap on the Options icon in the upper right corner and tap on Mute.
If you’d like to stop the conversation, you can either block or unfollow the user.
The user will no longer be able to message you because you do not follow them.
For information on how to block or report a user or leave a conversation, please see our article Staying Safe with Messages.
Have any other questions about Messages? Check out our FAQ.