Effective date: January 1, 2020
- Browser settings. Blocking third party cookies in your web browser settings.
- Privacy browsers/plug-ins. Using privacy browsers or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block advertising trackers.
- Ad industry tools. Opting-out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs:
--- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
--- Digital Advertising Alliance:
optout.aboutads.info, which will allow you to opt-out of interest based ads served by on websites by participating members
AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, which will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served by participating members.
- Mobile settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
We recommend that you take all of these steps if you want to prevent collection of your information for interest-based ads. You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device from which you wish to opt-out. Not all companies that serve interest-based ads participate in these opt-out programs, so even after opting-out, you may still receive cookies and interest-based ads from other companies. If you opt-out, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you.
Your right to information, access and deletion. You have the following rights under the CCPA:
- Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
--- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
--- The categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information.
--- The categories of third parties with whom we share the Personal Information.
--- The categories of Personal Information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose.
--- The categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose.
--- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discriminatory treatment prohibited by the CCPA.
You may submit a request to exercise your right to information, access or deletion by contacting us using this form or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to confirm your California residency to process these requests and will need to confirm your identity. Government-issued identification may be required. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by providing a valid power of attorney or other proof of authority acceptable to us in our reasonable discretion. Government-issued identification may be required for both the requester and the authorized agent. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient information to allow us to understand and respond to it. As email is not a secure communication channel, you should not email government-issued identification to us. In certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
Questions. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.