The VSCO Blur tool will allow you to change the focal point of a photo. You could achieve this by either using a circular or linear Blur tool to highlight the focal point within a specific area of the photo. The Blur tool is currently only available for iOS.
How to Edit with the Blur Tool
- Launch your Studio by tapping on the (+) icon.
- Tap on a photo you want to edit inside the Studio.
- Tap Edit
- Tap the Edit icon to launch the editing tools.
- Tap Blur
- Tap either Circular or Linear to make any area of the photo a focal point. The area inside the circular or linear areas will be the focal point for the photo. The areas outside of the circular/linear range will be blurred out.
- You could slide the Blur intensity either left or right to increase/decrease the blurred-out areas of the photo.
- Tap the Check Mark icon when you're finished editing.
- Tap Next to save your edit.
Tap on a photo to start editing with the Blur tool
Tap the Blur icon
Circular Blur Tool
The area inside the circular area is the focal point. The area outside the circular will be blurred out.
Linear Blur Tool
The area inside the linear area is the focal point. The area outside the linear will be blurred out.
Sliding the Blur tool intensity left/right will increase/decrease the blurred area outside of the selected circular/linear target areas.