NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Visual Supply Company (“VSCO”) (the “Sponsor”).
By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to these Rules and to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects. Please read these Rules carefully.
1. Binding Agreement. You agree that submission of an Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Sponsor with respect to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will choose the winning entries at random, and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Rules.
2. Sponsor. Visual Supply Company, 1500 Broadway, Ste 300 Oakland, CA 94612.
3. Eligibility Criteria. This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 13 years of age or older at the time of entry, who are present in the U.S. throughout the Sweepstakes Period, have Internet access and are the authorized user of an email address in the U.S., have a registered VSCO account, and receive an in-app notification asking them to take a survey for a chance to win a prize. Void in Puerto Rico and all U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited. Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, design, web design, web hosting and publicity agencies (the "Sweepstakes Entities"), members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each), all others with whom they are domiciled, and anyone else connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
4. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes begins on July 22, 2022 at 10:00:00 AM U.S. Pacific Standard Time (PST) and ends on July 29, 2022 at 11:59:00 PM PST (the “Submission Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter. To enter, please follow the steps below during the Submission Period:
a. Upon receiving an in-app notification asking you to take a survey for a chance to win a prize, click the link in the notification.
b. You will be redirected to a web browser within the app to take the survey. Follow the directions to complete and submit the survey.
e. The registered account holder who submits the Entry shall be deemed the entrant for purposes of this Sweepstakes. The Entry is made by, and is the responsibility of, the entrant. Sponsor will correspond with and, if applicable, award the Prize to, only the entrant.
f. You must have all necessary rights to submit your Entry to the Sweepstakes and to grant Sponsor to use your entry as contemplated by these Rules.
Alternatively, you may enter the Sweepstakes by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, and phone number, with “Enter Me in the Survey Sweepstakes” in the subject line.
Only fully complete and compliant Entries are eligible pursuant to these Rules, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All interpretations of these Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects.
6. Winner Selection and Odds of Winning. Following the conclusion of the Submission Period, three potential winners will be randomly selected by Sponsor from among all eligible entries received. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Entries that fail to meet the Eligibility Criteria and the Entry Requirements by the end of the Submission Period will be deemed incomplete and, at the discretion of Sponsor, may be disqualified.
7. Winner Notification. Becoming a winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. The potential winners will be notified by email, at Sponsor’s discretion, on or about August 2, 2022. If a potential winner does not respond to the notification attempt within two (2) business days from the first notification attempt, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected at random from among qualifying Entries. The potential winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these Official Rules) as well as a liability and publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within seven calendar (7) days from date of issuance, or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. The potential winners must also complete, sign and return to Sponsor an IRS W-9 form (including winner’s social security number or Tax ID as required for income tax reporting purposes) within the stated time in order to claim a prize.
8. Prize and Related Terms. Three (3) winners will each be awarded a fifty dollar (US$50.00) Amazon e-gift card. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically described herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. No transfer, assignment, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, or any element of the prize, in whole or in part, with a prize or element of equal or greater monetary value if a prize or prize element cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) or each prize is $50.00. ARV is as of date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference in value of prize as stated herein and actual value at time of prize award, if any, will not be awarded.
9. Use of Entries. Participant hereby agrees to grant to Sponsor an irrevocable, worldwide, and royalty-free right and license to review Participant’s Entry for purposes related to evaluation and scoring in this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to the assessment of potential cheating behavior, and to publish, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, display, copy and otherwise use the Entry for Sponsor’s business purposes. Winners may be required to complete, sign and return a Release for use of Entries, where lawful, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
10. Publicity. Except where prohibited by law, winner grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission to Sponsor to use or publish his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, and/or biographical information in any medium (including, without limitation, in print, via television, via the internet, via email or in any other media now known or hereafter devised) for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in perpetuity without compensation or notification to or permission from the winner of any kind, except as prohibited by law.
11. General Conditions. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply, and the Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Sweepstakes if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or Sponsor. Nothing contained herein shall constitute this Sweepstakes to be an arrangement for employment, a joint venture, or a partnership.
12. Taxes. The value of the prize will be taxable to the winner as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of prizes are solely the winner’s responsibility. United States residents will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. Please contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
14. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability. Sponsor makes no representation or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding any prize or entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, cost, or injury that arises from or relates to participation in the Sweepstakes, or winning or use of a prize, including but not limited to: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic hardware or software program, network, internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, viruses or difficulties of any kind; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) the uploading or downloading of any material in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (v) any other condition that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, to suspend or cancel any Sweepstakes or alter the rules for any reason, including but not limited to alteration or corruption of the administration of the Sweepstakes by computer virus, technical problem, or other unforeseeable event. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing if requested by Sponsor) that to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law: (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, indirect, special, exemplary, or consequential damages and (b) that any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. If an entrant is a California resident, such entrant hereby waives California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.” THE LAWS OF SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MIGHT HAVE OTHER RIGHTS.
15. Release, Warranty and Indemnity. You warrant that your Entry is your own original work and, as such, you are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Entry and that you have the right to submit the Entry in the Sweepstakes and grant all required licenses. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates and the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs, claims and expenses, including but not limited to, personal injury, death, damage to or loss of property, rights of publicity, privacy or defamation and attorneys’ fees, arising out of or accruing from: (i) any Entry or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by you that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by you in connection with the Sweepstakes; (iii) any non-compliance or breach by you of these Rules and the representations and warranties set forth herein; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to your involvement with the Sweepstakes; (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in the Sweepstakes; (vi) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry information in relation to the Entry and your participation in the Sweepstakes; or (vii) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to your entry and participation in the Sweepstakes.
16. Forum and recourse to judicial procedures. These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
17. Winner List. For information on winner(s), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Visual Supply Company, c/o Emily Kitts, 1500 Broadway, Ste 300 Oakland, CA 94612. Requests must be received by August 31, 2022. If you have any questions please visit https://support.vsco.co.